When Stunnware Tools was discontinued, I searched for a tool to create advanced FetchXML queries.
I didn’t find any.
So, I created it.– Jonas Rapp, 2014
Build queries for Microsoft Common Data Service, CRM, XRM and the Power Platform. Investigate data. Get code. Empower yourself to achieve more.FetchXML Builder – empowering since 2014
For a full feature description – see FetchXML Builder – Features.
- Outline for visual query construction
- CDS/CRM/D365 metadata intellisense
- New query from template
- Open query (from CDS or file)
- Save query (to CDS or file)
- Clone query
- Aggregate query support
- Undo (CTRL+Z) and Redo (CTRL+Y) support
- Integration from other XrmToolBox tools
- Query to FetchXML
- Query to code (C#/js/SQL/OData)
- Query to Power Automate List Records parameters
- Results in view
- Results serialized (XML/JSON)
- Query Repository
- Abort query execution over multiple pages
- Multiple options and settings
- Fully configurable window layout
Like all tools for XrmToolBox, FetchXML Builder is installed from the Tool Library within XrmToolBox.
To install XrmToolBox, see these instructions.
The development and support of FetchXML Builder has undoubtedly consumed a few hours over the years since the initial release in 2014.
If you (or your company) feel that this tool has helped you in your work, perhaps by saving you a few hours of work, donations for the continued support and development are accepted, appreciated, and will grant you a good feeling and perhaps a sticker if you like, and a spot on the FetchXML Builder Supporters Wall of Fame (unless you want to stay anonymous).
You can also use this direct link to the PayPal donations page.
The original documentation is still available, see: fetchxmlbuilder.com/origdocs