- Have you ever cursed out loud over getting correct paths and parameters for URL Addressable Forms?
- Have you ever implemented your own functionality to open a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 webresource in a new window?
Xrm.Utility.openEntityForm(name, id, parameters) Xrm.Utility.openWebResource(webResourceName, webResourceData, width, height)
Both functions return the window object that is created which allows you to e.g. move and resize the window.
The parameters parameter can be used to set default values when creating a new record and to specify which form to display.
One of the best things though – is that the openEntityForm function takes the LogicalName of the entity instead of forcing us to make a metadata request to get the ObjectTypeCode…!
- Open a record from a custom html or Silverlight displaying CRM data
- Open a new record form from a custom ribbon button populating with default data
- Open a webresource from a custom ribbon button (e.g. html page with Bing map integration)
- Prompt user for confirmation using your own nicely styled Confirm dialog (instead of ugly styled window.confirm(…))
Thank’s Markus for enlightening me about this news!