Working with Entity Permissions for Power Apps Portals is not always as smooth as you might want it to be. This new tool lets you visually see and work with the different types of permissions and their hierarchies, and makes it easier to get it right the first time.
To get started with this XrmToolBox tool, see the short video tutorial at the end of this post!
The different components of the tool:
- The websites in connected environment are listed for initial selection.
- The treeview is the main hierarchical overview of the Entity Permissions for the website.
- Scope is visualized by the icon.
- Entity Permissions of scope Parent are displayed under their parent permission
- Names of the nodes in the treeview can display either their given Name, or a technical representation of the target Table and the relationship used.
- There are four nice and big buttons to work with the Entity Permissions.
- Create new Entity Permission.
- Create new Child Entity Permission, which will get the currently selected permission as Parent.
- Delete currently selected Entity Permission. This is not available if the selected permission has any child permissions.
- Open selected Entity Permission in Microsoft Dataverse.
- The Entity Permission “form” to display and update information.
- The selections are “intelligent”, only displaying options that are really available.
- Available tables are only showing those with any kind of direct relationship to the “previous” table, based on Scope and possible Parent permission.
- Available relationships are only displaying existing direct relationships between the “previous” and the “current” table.
- The Save button is enabled when the tool discovers any changes to the Entity Permission, compared to information stored in Dataverse.
- Associated Webroles are displayed.
- Webroles can be added and removed.
Checking “Show debug info” will display a panel containing the actual changes to columns on the current Entity Permission row which will be sent to Dataverse when clicking Save.
Forum / Discussion
Join the discussion: jonasr.app/EPM/forum